10 Things To Know 6 Weeks Postpartum
The first few weeks after giving birth are such a whirlwind, there is so much you have to get used to as a new mum. Firstly you have this amazing little baby which is fully reliant on you to keep clean, happy, entertained and of course – well fed!
At the same time you are trying to recover and look after yourself too. In no particular order, here are 10 things which I wish I had known/ known to expect prior to giving birth. Some of them were pretty surprising!
- How quickly babies grow out of newborn clothes!
- How challenging breastfeeding would be & things to buy to help the process.
- Which toiletries you will need to help with your recovery process.
- Constipation :/
- Daily showers are a game changer.
- Night sweats?!
- The swelling doesn’t go down overnight.
- The support from the midwives.
- I should have meal-prepped before birth!
- Baby needs very little materialistic things, so don’t stress too much before the baby comes.
I hope this video is helpful for you, these were the first 10 things that came to mind, but I’m sure there are so much more so keep an eye out for part 2! If you have any great tips, do let me know below! I hope you enjoyed the watch!